In the beginning . . .
So I have a blog now. And it's surprising to me, not because I have one, but because I have one now. I'm an Internet lover by most people's measure. As I got turned on to it years and years ago, I made my own website like everybody, got swept up in the instant messaging craze, etc. But until this moment, never had a blog, even though a great deal of my friends did. Even though some of them needed my help turning the computer on, they were daily bloggers. Sure, I read blogs, too. In fact, some of the best sites out there are blogs (check my links). And everyone out there knows I have a lot to say, like it or (most likely) not. But I suppose the reason I never got my own before was because I was too busy, and I've never been much of a person for stream of conscious writing. I never even kept a diary as a kid.
Nevertheless, here we are, at my blog, tentatively titled "Noba 3:16," until I can find a title less likely to send me to hell. I'm going to lay down some rules, for my safety and the safety of others.
(1) Political Discourse is both invited and welcome. But please, know your shit. Please no "I think that's wrong and mean." Tell me why it's wrong and mean. I read a lot of news and do a lot of research - for fun. Be prepared to defend yourself or you're gonna look silly.
(2) Say Hi. If you read the blog, say hello. Especially if you're a friend or something.
(3) Don't take it personal. If this is a quasi-diary, then once in a while I might talk about someone, or someone who sounds an awful lot like you. I don't plan on being too explicit or insulting, so if you're under the impression I'm talking about you, then one of the following is true:
(a) I hate you and I'm talking about you. This is unlikely because
it's tremendously hard to upset me to the point where I would use the word
hate, and if I did get to that point, I'd probably use your real name anyway
and there'd be no guessing.
(b) I'm simply not talking about you.
(c) I'm talking about you, but to illustrate a point not related to you. (EX: A
discussion I had, and a point someone raised. In that case, I'd be referencing
our discussion, but not in relation to you.)
In any of the above cases, I'm just covering my bases because I've heard some horror stories about people's blogs killing their relationships with friends, family, and mailmen. And what I have with my mailman is far too special.
(4) Keep it clean. You want to debate, fine. You want to tell me I'm a moron, take a number. But keep it clean, because I am liberal with two things: ketchup and the delete key.
(5) Do not feed the Noba.
(6) You must read my blog naked and surrounded by candles.
That said, let's do this.

2 Comments:
Hey Shmed!!! :) I read your blog, because I'm bored (teachers like Christmas Break too!!). You sound like the same ol' Shmed, which is good, considering everyone I know is changing and for some reason that bugs me. (even though I know *I'm* changing.) Anyway, just wanted to follow the "rules" and say HI. :)
Camille
Cammy! Yeah girl, heard you had a bun in the oven. Hope you keep your promise and name it after me! ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home