Administrative Matters
Won't be able to post for a while (*waiting for collective "Awwww!," hearing only crickets), due to exams. However, I've changed the template temporarily until I can learn how to make one or find a really good one somewhere on the net. The ones Blogger gives for free kinda suck. Also, I've added some links in the corner, and I'll change them every week. Check them out, they're fairly cool.
Oh, and here's a great link. Before you click on it, let me give you some background info. Trust me, it's necessary, because this is pretty much an inside joke that you're probably not privy to. Even with some background info, it's likely to make no sense.
My classmate and colleague Marshall Brandt has some interesting observations about, among other things, the town of Macon, GA. His latest is one of the funniest. Traveling on a gravel/dirt road near school, Marshall was inspired at the site of a mean, barking, slightly malnourished and extremely dirty dog chained to a fence, surrounded by junk. Typical junkyard dog imagery, I suppose. But rather than just drive by, Marshall has decided to give this dog an identity that cannot be had in the midst of the humiliation of being chained to a fence in Backwoods, GA. Thus, "Poverty Dog" was born, and the campaign to save him is underway. The link below is your chance to help Marshall in his crusade to rescue the Poverty Dog, that he may speak for the masses of impoverished, discontent dogs everywhere. He also has provided quotes to demonstrate how the students and faculty at Walter F. George have taken up his mission. Enjoy. Hopefully you'll be able to laugh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home