Saturday, December 25, 2004

Noba's Christmas Tidings Part II

Its 5am on Christmas day as I write this.. ho ho ho. Here's the rest of my list for what I'm thankful for this holiday.

6. Santa Claus
Play hard. Work hard.

Don't fuck with the Claus and his reindeer posse.
Santa is a pudgy bastard with no kids, smelly reindeer, weird midgets who make toys, and his "ride" is a damn sleigh. Plus, it's cold as hell where he lives. I mean, it's only about 30 degrees in Georgia and I'm in no mood to make @$#%! toys and deliver them. How does he do it? Because he's a pimp, that's why. From an early age, you come to understand you don't fuck with Santa. He's got the goods on all the tight toys, and if you don't sit on his lap or leave him cookies, you're fucked.
Props, Santa. Christmas may only come once a year, but Santa never shrugs from the task.
7. The Armed Forces


Marlboro Man 2004

If you're a true American, you have to love our military. Not like, or appreciate, or support them. You've gotta love them. They are the best of the best, and they go while others bitch. They spend their holidays in the desert while others scream that they fight for nothing. I spent my Christmas eve and early Christmas morning with my boy John, a marine fresh out of boot whose shipping out within a month for who knows where. He was in good spirits and openly talked about how proud and ready he was to fight for us. No matter the conflict, the leader, or the dissenting voice, our soldiers are always prepared and proud. I'm thankful this Christmas that our soldiers are here to serve. They are our best.

8. The Constitution

http://www.law.emory.edu/FEDERAL/usconst.html

By far the greatest document ever written, this wonderful piece of paper is not only the most enduring modern doctrine, but also lays out those fine truths we hold to be self-evident. On the note above, and in the spirit of this blog, I'd like to point out that the transcendent idea of this document, its most compelling point, is that all of mankind is entitled to be free. It's simple and poetic, but I hope we all keep this in mind when we talk about sacrifices made by the good people of #7. John told me tonight that he honestly feels he is going over there on a humanitarian mission, not just a terrorist hunt. This document has changed the lives of all its citizens, made our country the greatest one of all time, and prevailed over all threats to its proliferation. Let freedom ring, this season and every season.

OK, Noba is getting tired, so all I've got left is mushy stuff anyway...I'm thankful for my family, my health, all the opportunities I have, great friends, and being able to open presents in a couple of hours.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home