Monday, September 12, 2005

Don't Read This Blog: Part II

You know those times where you just have a seat on your couch, take a look around, think about the events that have transpired over the past few days, and just wandered "Where the f*&#?"

This would be one of those times.

School is going like school tends to go, but thats a familiar presence that isn't too responsible for what's going on. I find myself a bit more nostalgic about my college years as the weeks go by, with every trip to Athens I pile on. Hell, when I go visit ATL for a couple of days, I even get nostalgic about high school - something I never thought would happen. A lot of it is I feel like "test-driving" myself, based on how different I feel in general these days, in other situations. It's kind of like the phrase we hear about, "If you knew then what you know now, what would you do differently?" It's regret-like, I know. But it's better than wondering, "What the f*&#?"

I'd like to suggest a governmental agency be created for the purpose of regulating drunk dials. For instance, a few months back I saw that Virgin Mobile in Britain was actually offering a service that would block you from calling certain numbers on your cell phone after, say, 2am. THAT is a hell of an idea. It's funny, but it's a public service, too. After all, if I lost my phone, I'd be screwed. THANK GOD I know the number to my parents house by heart, cuz that's probably the only one. If rattlesnakes surrounded my Camry in the Middle of the Georgia Desert, Mom and Dad could hook it up. But unfortunately, I'd be cut off to the rest of the world. So blocking numbers would be lethal to your ability to drunk dial someone or be drunk dialed even if you borrowed your friend's cell. Technology has rendered committing phone numbers to memory utterly obsolete.

And....that's all for now, I guess. I could go on, but I think that's enough about the recent events of my weekend. All in all, it was the craziest game of poker that I ever saw.

2 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 02:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Permalink
Timothy Noah: Joe Allbaugh, Disaster Pimp. 09/08/05 Jonathan Alter on How to Save the Big Easy.
racce dipado is the owner of
workflow management
which is a premier resource for workflow management information.
for more information, go to http://www.aspworkflow.com

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a workflow management site/blog. It pretty much covers workflow management related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9/19/2005 10:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

personally i prefer the original version, maybe i need to see the legislative history to find out what your original intent was ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home