Friday, June 24, 2005

Around Noba's World in One Post

Haven't posted in a while, so instead of trying to pick something to talk about, here's a few quick blurbs about the state of my life right now.

....Completed my transfer application to UGA Law. Why do I want to transfer? Well, I'm not sure I do. The prospect of effectively starting law school again is not too exciting, but as everyone knows, I miss the shit out of Athens. UGA is bigger and in some ways better than Mercer, but I'm settled in here, and picking up and leaving wouldn't be fun. Also, I lose my class rank if I transfer because transfers don't get assigned a class standing. I guess we'll see if I get in and then I'll have a really, really, really hard decision to make...

....My cat is still spoiled as it gets, but he's my homey....

....been with the Macon Public Defender's Office for a month now just about. I gotta say, I love it. In the short time, I've made more trips inside a jail than I thought I ever would, watched a murder trial (and the gut-wrenching verdict), written for judges, worked on criminal appeals, and heard enough hilarious and incredulous stories to last a lifetime. Should make the rest of the summer interesting....

....went to a party near the Emory campus this past weekend. It was unlike any party I had been to because there were only two distinct groups of people. 1 - gorgeous, scantily clad women (it was a costume party) and 2 - incredibly gay men. It was like a parallel universe. You could have assembled an Atlanta Chapter of the Pussycat Dolls and about 3-4 Village People cover bands among the partygoers there. I have Shay to think for this experience, of course.....

....spoke to the ex recently. It was a relief to kinda just small talk with her. I've never been the kind of person to sever all contact with an ex, but I have been handed that arrangement before, and I was especially hoping that wouldn't happen here. It's just small talk, but hopefully a friendship can still be salvaged. I can't just stop caring about people who've been close to me in my life, even if the substance of the caring itself radically alters on either side.....


....I have "The Aviator" and "Menace II Society" sitting on my entertainment center. A review of "The Aviator" is likely forthcoming...

....been chatting a lot with a member of my section this past year...she had some interesting observations about me..they came off like shots-in-the-dark, but for once I felt like somebody articulated me better than I could. That's scary stuff. She's ethereal :-) ....

....I got a new TREO 650!!!! I'm a gadget nerd, so my Cingular contract was up, and the Pops gets a HUGE discount through GE (which owns his company). So now I have reached the pinnacle of cellular nerdom.....

....Getting my free time back has made me rediscover some really, really simple pleasures. Some of them new, some old. I've been sparring a lot lately, catching up on my martial arts. And this past weekend while I was in town for Father's Day, I got to color with the lil' nephew. It wasn't so much coloring as it was banging crayons against a placemat and keeping him from eating crayolas, but it still makes me smile....

....I wanna see the new Batman, damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....


And that's the 411.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home