One Year Anniversary
So my blog is a year old. I figured this "benchmark," combined with the holiday season and not having blogged in a while, meant it would be a good time to post something. There's only so much to do when exams end....Madden...eating...Madden... sleeping till 4pm....Madden.
If you couldn't tell, I tend to lose the routine and structure pretty quickly once classes get out. So don't expect this to be a particularly organized little Holiday message. Here's what's going on.
The Camry Takes a Hit So here's a scene. It's the day before my first exam (Tax) and I'm driving to school - obviously a route I take everyday. The roads are wet, and as I hit the on-ramp, I take a trip to the hydro-plane. My car ends up facing the reverse direction in a ditch. I am able to drive out, and when I get out to check my damage, the front end is banged up hardcore below the grill and there's obviously frame damage. Then it won't start. Long story short, Progressive said it was totalled. They weren't gonna give us crap for salvage value, and the cars they were gonna replace it with probably sucked. So we're getting it fixed ourselves. Damn $1000 deductibles.
Exams - went well, they're all finished, blah blah blah. Not the stressful debacle of last year, but I guess I'm not as wet behind my ears as I was as a 1L.
Plans for the Break - So I basically have 3 crews now. The ATL and ATHens groups are givens, but now I actually do have some good friends down here in Macon. So what the hell am I supposed to do for New Years? Well, luckily my Macon friends know Macon sucks, so they do their partying in Atlanta. Athens folks half-and-half it, so I know that a lot of my friends will be in ATL too. So here's hoping I get to see a lot of everyone over the break, especially for NYE. Clarke is back from L.A., and I might get a chance to see Joe's baby soon. So it should be interesting. We get about a full month off for the break, so I'm loving it. Of course, I dunno about my car situation. I'm driving Mom's Lexus right now but she may put a stop to that when I get to Atlanta. I might be bumming rides all break.. at least I have a built in excuse why I can't DD :-)
Movies - seen "King Kong" and "Narnia." The reviews are: "King Kong" is far too long, but OK and worth a see - but not a DVD buy. "Narnia" was too disney-fied but generally OK. Not a DVD buy, either. Still want to see "Walk the Line," but Belinda has to get better first. :-)
Oh yeah..and real quick: Progressive and Blue Cross/Blue Shield Suck. Matter of fact, insurance companies suck. Tivo rules. I can't wait to get my iPod for Christmas. I need to get off my ass and train more, but I've been on an exhaustion run since Brief 2. I miss my Camry. My cat is sick from his rabies shot. Nhien rules. I just realized me and my ex broke a year ago - random. I love Christmas, but I hate cold weather. Wish me luck as my grades come back. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home