Weekend Update
Here's what's up. This is the last week of real classes. We have all of next week off for Thanksgiving break, and also for pre-exam review purposes. The following week is another review week with classes, but most end up getting cancelled and there's no new readings anyway. Then exams start, with 3 days in between each. I also just finished Brief #2 last week and have Oral Argument #2 this Thursday. All in all, this is a nasty nasty time of the year.
To take the sting out of it, I planned a weekend of excess to make sure I started this gauntlet that is the next 30 days with as little stress as possible. So since I can't think of anything else to write, here's what I did.
4:25PM/EST Nov. 11 -- I leave my apt in Macon en route to Atlanta. I need to go across the street and get gas first.
4:28PM - While getting gas, my car alarm, which is possessed by 18th century witches, locks my keys in my car. Damnit.
5:00PM - $45 later, I get my damn keys out and begin my drive.
6:45PM - Gotta love Atlanta traffic - I'm 30 minutes behind schedule as I pull into Dunwoody.
7:00PM - Dodging Mom's 50 questions and protests about my Athens plans, I head to the basement to work out. I don't even feel like working out, I just can't think of anything else to chill me out since I'm so high-strung from the crap week/day/drive I've just had.
9:35PM - A shower and leftover spaghetti dinner later, I'm on the road to Athens.
10:35PM - Trying to be a nice guy, I give Lauren and her 4 drunk friends a ride downtown as I get into Athens. Heck, I'm on the 10 Loop, I'm heading to River Mill apts. right by there anyway, I'll be a nice guy, I thought. Good to see you L, but tell your friends I prefer that Trick Daddy sing his songs solo. Sorry, hate to crush your dreams of being a Trick Daddy backup singer.
10:45 - Finally get to Blake and Elizabeth's birthday fiesta at River Mill. Listened to Blake knock his own party. Listened to Krug scream. Challenged Krug to fight. Made fun of Krug. Drank beer.
12:30PM - Downtown....frickin' insane. End up in Taco Stand sipping a Rum and Coke and listening to Ali talk about how much he sucks. Passed out on the proverbial friend's couch.
11AM/EST - Nov. 12 -- Wake up and stumble to the fraternity house. Baby Ed, aka Colin, sits on the couch talking about how drunk he got the night before (big surprise) while eating Top Ramen from a tupperware container. Colin is a pint-sized new brother of Phi Tau who can drink his own weight in Evan Williams and pulls the ladies like you wouldn't believe. I console Colin as we prepare to watch the USC-UF game.
2PM -- Out by the newly-built barbecue pit, I find a bottle of "Buttmonkey Beer." Not kidding. No, I have no idea why it's called that.
3PM -- Kalb arrives in Athens. We walk all the way to Tate, where two separate scalpers offer tickets for $200 and $80, respectively. Understanding the concept of free market economics, Kalb chooses the $80 ticket. We then make our way to North Campus to say hello to my friend Sheena. Kalb doesn't pass up the opportunity to make fun of me as we pass the library, where I used to work security. I remind him of that hostage crisis in Reference I defused back in '02. He stands corrected.
7PM - Kalb and I hurriedly finish our tallboys (fitted nicely into brown paper bags) as we head into Sanford Stadium.
11PM - I leave dejected, owing Kalb a shot as Auburn beats Georgia in a 31-30 heartbreaker.
11:45PM - Meet up with Bel and her friend Mary at the famous Taco Stand. The party moves to Backdraft as the jager starts to kick in.
1AM-?? - Apparently stuff happened during this time frame, but you should probably ask Belinda what they were.
12:00PM EST - Nov. 13 -- Hit 316 to go back to Atlanta, grab my cat and my laundry and go home. Worst traffic ever.
4PM - Hit 85 to go back to Macon. 2nd Worst Traffic Ever.
6:35PM - Home! Oh shit, I have homework now.
All in all, it was the craziest game of poker that I ever saw...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home